BEIJING , January 15 , SinoCast -- Person in the know revealed that ANZ Bank and HSBC have been granted with licenses for importing gold in China . China Everbright Bank Co., Ltd. (CEBBank; SHSE: 601818) has also been approved as the tenth local bank for importing gold. The Chinese government has been strictly controlling gold imports by local banks. In 2003, The People's Bank of China (PBOC) granted licenses to commercial banks for gold imports. Four major banks could handle gold foreign trade through PBOC. In August 2010 , Bank of Shanghai, China Minsheng Banking Corporation Ltd. (SHSE: 600016, SEHK: 1988), Ping An Bank (PAB; SZSE: 000001) and Industrial Bank Co., Ltd. (SHSE: 601166) became second group of commercial banks to get approval. This time, approval for ANZ Bank and HSBC boosted the total number for licensed banks to twelve in China .
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California