By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Information Technology Business -- Alliance Data Systems Corporation (NYSE: ADS), a leading provider of data-driven and transaction-based marketing and customer loyalty solutions, announced that its board of directors has approved a new stock repurchase program to acquire up to $400 million of the Company's common stock during 2014. The new repurchase program replaces the existing program, which expired at the end of 2013. Repurchases will be financed through free cash flow. The Company expects to maintain moderate levels of debt over the course of the repurchase program, providing flexibility to pursue tuck-in acquisitions, portfolio purchases and/or international loyalty coalition program expansions. Charles Horn , chief financial officer of Alliance Data , said, "We continue to be optimistic about the Company's outlook for 2014 and are pleased to announce that we will continue our commitment to maximizing stockholder value through this new repurchase program. We will always seek the right opportunities to repurchase our stock, and do so while maintaining ample liquidity to support future growth of the business as needs dictate." Under this repurchase program the Company is authorized to repurchase shares in open market purchases as well as in privately negotiated transactions from time to time through December 31, 2014 . Stock purchased as part of this program will be held as treasury stock. The repurchase program's terms have been structured to comply with the SEC's Rule 10b-18, and the program is subject to market conditions, applicable legal requirements, contractual obligations, and other factors. The repurchase program does not obligate the Company to acquire any specific number of shares and may be suspended or terminated at any time. Keywords for this news article include: Information Technology, Information and Data Systems , Alliance Data Systems Corporation . Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO