Attorney Willie Briscoe and the securities litigation firm of Powers Taylor are investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Material Sciences Corp. ( Material Sciences ) (NasdaqCM: MASC) related to the proposed acquisition by New Star Metals, Inc. for shareholders. According to a release, under the terms of the transaction, Material Sciences shareholders will only receive $12.75 in cash for each share of MASC stock owned. The Material Sciences' investigation centers on whether MASC's Board of Directors is acting in the shareholders' best interests, whether the board is properly considering the proposed price for the shareholders, and whether the board has employed an adequate process to review and act on the proposed transaction. ((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ))
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock