This morning, Wells Fargo (WFC) reported fourth quarter earnings of $5.37 billion, or $1.00 per share, as provisions for credit losses declined by $363 million. In the report, the company noted that the mortgage market has slowed significantly, causing a 49% decline in mortgage income during the quarter. In its pipeline, the company has $25 billion in mortgage applications, but that is a $10 billion decline from the end of the previous quarter. On the news, shares of Wells Fargo were lower by 0.9% so far. The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201401Earn2011413&mv=1 .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11