Twitter revamped its desktop webpages Monday to better mirror the experience of visiting the popular one-to-many text messaging service on smartphones.
The change comes as people increasingly take to visiting online social networks and other online venues from mobile devices instead of laptop or desktop computers.
"We're now rolling out a refreshed http://twitter.com reflecting the look and feel of our iOS and Android apps," the
Modifications to twitter.com were mostly cosmetic, with no new tools or features added.
Profile pictures and background art were moved to the upper left side, where a box makes it more convenient to compose and tweet messages.
Twitter users were also invited to personalize the new profile pages with accent colors.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March