Come and join us for the best open source networking evening in 2014. the Open Source Awards (http://www.opensourceawards.org) is coming soon!!
Open source is the direction of travel for the software industry. Everywhere you look open source is winning. Operating systems, virtualisation, network management, browsers, mobiles, business applications such as Customer Relationship Management, Document Management and Content Management. Open source is either the dominant technology or playing hard against established traditional vendors.
And open source is not just competing against proprietary software and winning. The deployed solutions are proving to be every bit as robust, secure, cost-effective, free and performant as the open source industry promised.
The Open Source Awards shines the spotlight on the great and often brilliantly innovative work being done by Open Source people and organisations. It's an opportunity for the open source ecosystem to make some noise and get some publicity. We don't have the budgets that our proprietary cousins enjoy but we have a network marketing effect that they can only dream of.
There will be three awards:
1. Person/People Awards
2. Company/Organisation Award
3. Student Award - £500 cash prize
The Awards is seeking nominations in each of the above categories. Please visit the website at http://www.opensourceawards.org for more information or to nominate a project/company or person.
An Awards evening will be held in the
The Open Source Awards is sponsored by CGI
The Open Source Awards is organised by SalesAgility an open source consultancy focused on Customer Relationship Management solutions. To discuss nominations or sponsorship opportunities, please call us on +44 1786 585 499.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11479093.htm
Most Popular Stories
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver