NEW YORK (AP) — The Grammys weekend is shaping up to be a Beatles weekend.
The Recording Academy announced Tuesday that Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr will perform at the Jan. 26 awards show in Los Angeles. The Beatles will be honored at the Academy's Special Merits Awards the day before, and a day after the big show, the iconic group will be the center of a performance special featuring Eurythmics and other acts playing Beatles hits.
McCartney's nominations include best rock song and music film.
Other Grammy performers include Taylor Swift, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Kendrick Lamar, Robin Thicke and Katy Perry. Sara Bareilles will sing with Carole King, while Stevie Wonder, Daft Punk, Nile Rodgers and Pharrell will perform together.
The Grammys will air live on CBS from the Staples Center.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr to perform at Grammys
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause