The Green for Growth Fund , Southeast Europe (GGF) has signed a EUR 5mn loan facility with Serbia's Intesa Leasing Belgrade to finance energy efficiency projects in the country, GGF said in a statement on its website. The loan facility will support Intesa Leasing's commitment to develop long-term energy efficiency lease financing. The deal is GGF's first energy efficiency loan to a leasing company in Serbia . Intesa Leasing Belgrade is a unit of the local arm of Italian banking group Intesa SanPaoplo. GGF focuses on enhancing energy efficiency and fostering the use of renewable energy sources in Southeast Europe , including Albania , Bosnia and Herzegovina , Croatia , FYR Macedonia , Kosovo , Montenegro , Serbia , and Turkey . The fund provides refinancing to financial institutions for on-lending to enterprises and private households seeking to finance energy efficiency projects. The GGF also invests directly in small to medium-scale renewable energy projects.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?