The cost of fuel has gone up marginally in the January review by the energy regulator. The price of super petrol in Nairobi increased by Sh1.31 per litre to Sh110.59 while diesel goes up by 21 cents to retail at Sh104.73. Kerosene will now cost Sh85.07 an increase of Sh2 from last month due. The Energy Regulatory commission noted an increase in global crude oil prices to $113.85 per barrel in December up from $112.20 in November. During the period, the exchange rate remained fairly stable at Sh86.16 against the dollar in December compared to Sh86.21 in November.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?