Federation BiH President Zivko Budimir proposed that the entity's government authorise an assistant minister of finance as a signatory of payment orders from the single account and repayment of foreign debt, Dnevni avaz daily reported, quoting Budimir's public relations office. The president suggested that this decision be included in the agenda of the government meeting scheduled for Jan 14 . On Jan 3 , Budimir dismissed the entity's finance minister Ante Krajina, claiming that he was the most responsible minister for the poor state of the Federation's budget and the "illegal" decrease in the benefits of wartime veterans. On Jan 7 , the international High Representative in Bosnia , Valentin Inzko , urged Budimir to annual or amend his decision "in such a way as to ensure that the Minister of Finance can continue to exercise his functions until a successor is appointed or until otherwise decided by a court." Meanwhile, the president stated on Jan 13 that the entity's government is obliged to enable the functioning of the finance ministry and make possible the payment of all types of benefits, especially benefits to disabled war veterans and family members of the fallen soldiers, compensation to civilian war victims, as well as all budget users. Budimir noted that there is already a precedent, namely a decision adopted following the resignation of then finance minister Dragan Vrankic in November 2006 . The president said he believes the decision will be supported by all members of the entity's government.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?