U.S. singer Ashlee Simpson confirmed via Twitter Monday she is engaged to actor-musician Evan Ross, the son of pop music star Diana Ross.
"My baby love and I are ENGAGED!!! Hallelujah Hawaii!!!" Simpson, 29, tweeted.
"The love of my life said YES!!!!!!" Ross, 25, said in his own Twitter message.
People.com said the couple went public with their relationship last summer. They did not say when they plan to tie the knot.
Simpson has a 5-year-old son from her previous marriage to Fall Out Boy front man Pete Wentz.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross get engaged
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos
- Manufacturing in U.S. at Fastest Pace in 3-1/2 Years
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery