U.S. singer Ashlee Simpson confirmed via Twitter Monday she is engaged to actor-musician Evan Ross, the son of pop music star Diana Ross.
"My baby love and I are ENGAGED!!! Hallelujah Hawaii!!!" Simpson, 29, tweeted.
"The love of my life said YES!!!!!!" Ross, 25, said in his own Twitter message.
People.com said the couple went public with their relationship last summer. They did not say when they plan to tie the knot.
Simpson has a 5-year-old son from her previous marriage to Fall Out Boy front man Pete Wentz.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross get engaged
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy