U.S. singer Ashlee Simpson confirmed via Twitter Monday she is engaged to actor-musician Evan Ross, the son of pop music star Diana Ross.
"My baby love and I are ENGAGED!!! Hallelujah Hawaii!!!" Simpson, 29, tweeted.
"The love of my life said YES!!!!!!" Ross, 25, said in his own Twitter message.
People.com said the couple went public with their relationship last summer. They did not say when they plan to tie the knot.
Simpson has a 5-year-old son from her previous marriage to Fall Out Boy front man Pete Wentz.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross get engaged
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations