Former winners of the Miss Universe pageant, Alicia Machado and Denise Quiñones, will be part of what's new on Univision's "Nuestra Belleza Latina" reality show, which in February will start the process of electing from among the 12 finalists.
Unlike other years, this time the 12 finalists are already known, all talented Latinas from the United States and Puerto Rico, Univision said.
These beauties will move to a luxury mansion where they will live together and compete in different challenges every week, until the contestant who comes out on top comes away with an exclusive contract with Univision, $200,000 in cash, a variety of prizes and a new car.
Alejandra Espinoza, the first winner of "Nuestra Belleza Latina" (Our Latin Beauty) and a host of "Sabado Gigante," is one of the new presenters of the contest that will air starting Sunday, Feb. 12.
The weekly television program has all the challenges of a traditional beauty contest, but with the added intrigue of the reality element - what goes on backstage.
Also incorporated this season will be hidden cameras that follow even more intimately the drama being woven among the 12 contestants day by day in the mansion.
The two former winners of the Miss Universe title will mentor the different teams of candidates with their expert advice, mainly on fashion, makeup, and how to act on the runway.
(c) 2014 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel