The Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE) ranked the second by the number of initial public offerings in Europe if Q4 of 2013, according to the most recent quarterly PwC IPO Watch Europe. As for the IPOs' value, the Warsaw bourse came 3rd. There were 13 IPOs on WSE in Q4 of 2013 (7 IPOs on the main market and 6 IPOs on alternative NewConnect) vs. 41 IPOs on the LSE Group exchanges. WSE's share in the total number of IPOs in Europe was 12%. The total value of IPOs in Warsaw was EUR 1,017mn in Q4 of 2013 (vs. EUR 653mn a year earlier). For comparison, the value of initial offerings on the LSE Group (the leader) was EUR 8,585mn in Q4 of 2013. Last quarter, the biggest IPO on WSE was the EUR 515mn offering of power utility Energa on the main market. It was the ninth biggest IPO in Europe .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO