U.S.-based computer giant
The new technology is based on artificial intelligence, the combination of powerful computers and software that can analyze information and give answers to complex problems, such as medical diagnoses or financial transactions.
It made headlines in February, 2011 when it beat humans on the popular American television quiz show "Jeopardy."
Work with its current commercial customers has not generated substantial income for
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign