VANCOUVER _ Vancouver -based Goldcorp Inc. (TSX:G) is offering to acquire all of Osisko Mining Corp. (TSX:OSK) in a deal that values the smaller company at $2.6 billion . Goldcorp is offering a combination of stock and cash that values Osisko at C5.95 per share, about 15 per cent above the Friday closing price. Goldcorp is one of the Canada's largest gold producers and says the acquisition of Osisko would provide it with a major mine in Quebec and other assets that provide growth potential.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?