Shares in SodaStream International slumped by a fifth yesterday after the Israeli company issued a profits warning. SodaStream , which recently announced Scarlett Johansson (above) as its first "global brand ambassador", cut its 2013 forecast saying it had been hurt by a tough US holiday season and increased product costs. SodaStream , whose home carbonated drinks machines are based on a British model invented in 1903, makes its money both from sales of the machines and gas refills and flavourings. The company now anticipates full-year net income of about $41.5m (pounds 25.3m) on revenue of approximately $562m . Its prior outlook was for net income of $54m on revenue of about $567m . Photograph: Rex Features
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?