CradlePoint, the global leader in cloud-managed, 3G/4G networking solutions for distributed enterprises, today introduced the CradlePoint AER 2100, Advanced Edge Router. Available immediately, the CradlePoint AER 2100 (pronounced “AIR”) is designed to support and scale to the unique networking needs of the distributed enterprise. For retailers in particular, the CradlePoint AER 2100 provides intelligent management of converged wired and wireless networks enabling a highly available “connected retail experience” consumers have come to expect. CradlePoint will demonstrate the AER 2100 as a cloud-managed networking solution in booth #1465 at the 2014
“The proliferation of mobile devices and the growth of cloud-based applications at the network’s edge has made IT an ever more critical business enabler,” said
Today’s announcement is in concert with the launch of enhanced network analytics in CradlePoint’s cloud-based network management and application platform, Enterprise Cloud Manager. CradlePoint network analytics in combination with the AER 2100 (or any CradlePoint enterprise networking solution) provides distributed enterprises with the intelligence they need to develop strategies for WAN Optimization to manage performance, reliability and costs.
With CradlePoint Enterprise Cloud Manager, network administrators can also select and extend advanced routing features and applications that are critical for the operation of their networks. CradlePoint differentiates its networking platform when compared to the “walled garden” approach of its competitors through an Open API that allows for the easy integration of best-in-class 3rd party applications and unparalleled scalability.
As a cloud-managed solution the CradlePoint AER 2100 balances the strengths of both wired and wireless networks through WAN Diversity™, the convergence of 4G LTE, Ethernet (DSL, Cable, T1, MetroE), and WiFi as WAN, all delivered through a single networking device. With an established retail customer base, CradlePoint anticipates that the AER 2100 will provide distributed enterprises with the lowest 5-year Total Cost of Ownership. Unique features of the CradlePoint AER 2100, include:
• WAN Diversity™ with integrated wired and wireless 4G LTE WAN (including private network support)
• Dual LTE modems with multi-carrier support for a “cut-the-wire” solution
• High performance WiFi including dual-band concurrent 802.11b/g/n/ac
• Advanced enterprise routing features and best-in-class, cloud-based security options
• Policy enforcement with flexibility to be deployed through the cloud
• Extensible and easily integrated best-in-class, enterprise applications via an Open API
The CradlePoint AER 2100 is also purpose-built for PCI compliant networks to help distributed enterprises secure their networks where they are most vulnerable. Retailers have the ability to create and partition edge networks to support secure operational and transactional connections while simultaneously allowing consumers access to public WiFi. Advanced Security and Advanced VPN options help retailers secure credit card data transactions sent from stores to the corporate network.
As enterprises with hundreds or even thousands of locations encounter trade-offs between the security, management, and availability of their edge networks, the CradlePoint AER 2100 was developed in collaboration with a number of CradlePoint customers to scale to those specific needs. These enterprise customers in the retail, financial services, and transportation verticals have turned to the CradlePoint AER 2100 for its industry leading integrated 3G/4G/LTE dual modems that are supported on multiple carriers. Using dual modem technology, enterprises have the ability to:
• Deploy multiple wireless backup connections to help acquire 99.99% uptime
• “Cut the wire” for combined high-speed 4G LTE networks from diverse carriers
• Load balance and add burst bandwidth for peak periods
The CradlePoint AER 2100 series is available immediately from authorized CradlePoint distributors and partners. To learn more, visit CradlePoint.com/AER, contact CradlePoint at +1.855.813.3385 or email sales(at)cradlepoint(dot)com.
About WAN Diversity™
CradlePoint solutions provide enterprises with the ability to diversify multiple WAN paths through 3G/4G, Ethernet (T-1, DSL, Cable, MetroE), and WiFi as WAN. CradlePoint WAN Diversity™ enables a broad array of applications that may require standalone networks, increased bandwidth, or more reliability through backup wired and wireless connections. In particular, CradlePoint’s expertise in using 4G LTE for both primary and backup networking helps distributed enterprises enable branch office connectivity and applications like digital signage, kiosks, surveillance, pop-up stores, point-of-sale systems, and in-store WiFi.
CradlePoint is the global leader in cloud-managed 3G/4G networking solutions, providing business-grade, secure connectivity to distributed enterprises. Specializing in business continuity, advanced edge routing, machine-to-machine (M2M), and primary connections, CradlePoint’s award-winning solutions are purpose built for PCI-compliant networks. CradlePoint is the first to pioneer and fully enable high-speed LTE in its solutions to maximize the potential of the cloud for businesses worldwide. CradlePoint is a privately held company in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11481280.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11