Asian stocks rally with the regional benchmark index heading near its highest in two months, after slower growth in U.S. payrolls which eased concerns that Federal Reserve will cut stimulus. Moreover, Newcrest Mining Ltd. , a Australia gold producer, advanced 6.2% in Sydney as the precious metal climbed after the American jobs data. Dongbu Steel Co. jumped 6.4%, heading for the highest closing level in two months, after the Maeil Business newspaper reported companies are interested in buying one of its factories and a stake in Dongbu Metal Co. Hyundai Motor Co. climbed 3.9% in Seoul as consumer discretionary firms posted the largest gains among the 10 industry groups on the regional benchmark index. At the same time, The MSCI Asia Pacific excluding Japan Index gained 0.6 percent to 460.07 as of 9:41 a.m. in Hong Kong , which considered the largest advance since Nov. 18 .
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit