Fans of "Mad Men" can start preparing for the end.
AMC on Saturday announced at the Television Critics Association press tour that the first half of the final season of the acclaimed drama will kick off at 10 p.m. April 13. The farewell season will consist of 14 episodes, with seven airing this year and the final seven arriving next year.
AMC, which bid good-bye to "Breaking Bad" last year, has some big holes to fill in its lineup of original programming. To that end, the cable network has high hopes for "Turn," a new period drama about American spies during the Revolutionary War, will premiere at 9 p.m. April 6.
In addition, AMC will introduce "Better Call Saul," a spin-off of "Breaking Bad," sometime in November.
Contact Chuck Barney at Facebook.com/BayAreaNewsGroup.ChuckBarney, or Twitter.com/chuckbarney
(c)2014 the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
Visit the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.) at www.contracostatimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Service
Original headline: 'Mad Men': AMC sets return date for start of final season
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings