Fans of "Mad Men" can start preparing for the end.
AMC on Saturday announced at the Television Critics Association press tour that the first half of the final season of the acclaimed drama will kick off at 10 p.m. April 13. The farewell season will consist of 14 episodes, with seven airing this year and the final seven arriving next year.
AMC, which bid good-bye to "Breaking Bad" last year, has some big holes to fill in its lineup of original programming. To that end, the cable network has high hopes for "Turn," a new period drama about American spies during the Revolutionary War, will premiere at 9 p.m. April 6.
In addition, AMC will introduce "Better Call Saul," a spin-off of "Breaking Bad," sometime in November.
Contact Chuck Barney at Facebook.com/BayAreaNewsGroup.ChuckBarney, or Twitter.com/chuckbarney
(c)2014 the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
Visit the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.) at www.contracostatimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Service
Original headline: 'Mad Men': AMC sets return date for start of final season
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules