Fans of "Mad Men" can start preparing for the end.
AMC on Saturday announced at the Television Critics Association press tour that the first half of the final season of the acclaimed drama will kick off at 10 p.m. April 13. The farewell season will consist of 14 episodes, with seven airing this year and the final seven arriving next year.
AMC, which bid good-bye to "Breaking Bad" last year, has some big holes to fill in its lineup of original programming. To that end, the cable network has high hopes for "Turn," a new period drama about American spies during the Revolutionary War, will premiere at 9 p.m. April 6.
In addition, AMC will introduce "Better Call Saul," a spin-off of "Breaking Bad," sometime in November.
Contact Chuck Barney at Facebook.com/BayAreaNewsGroup.ChuckBarney, or Twitter.com/chuckbarney
(c)2014 the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
Visit the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.) at www.contracostatimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Service
Original headline: 'Mad Men': AMC sets return date for start of final season
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say