Fans of "Mad Men" can start preparing for the end.
AMC on Saturday announced at the Television Critics Association press tour that the first half of the final season of the acclaimed drama will kick off at 10 p.m. April 13. The farewell season will consist of 14 episodes, with seven airing this year and the final seven arriving next year.
AMC, which bid good-bye to "Breaking Bad" last year, has some big holes to fill in its lineup of original programming. To that end, the cable network has high hopes for "Turn," a new period drama about American spies during the Revolutionary War, will premiere at 9 p.m. April 6.
In addition, AMC will introduce "Better Call Saul," a spin-off of "Breaking Bad," sometime in November.
Contact Chuck Barney at Facebook.com/BayAreaNewsGroup.ChuckBarney, or Twitter.com/chuckbarney
(c)2014 the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
Visit the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.) at www.contracostatimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Service
Original headline: 'Mad Men': AMC sets return date for start of final season
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook