The Iranian government has approved issuing 150 trillion rials (about $6 billion based on the U.S. dollar official exchange rate of 24,800 rials ) to finance economic development plans, ISNA reported on Sunday. Ministries of oil, energy, transport and urban development, were allowed to issue $2 billion , $1.6 billion , and $1 billion worth of bonds respectively. The ministry of defense was authorized to issue $201 million worth of bonds, while ministries of telecommunications and information technology, industry, mines and trade, and agriculture each were allowed to issue $403 million worth of bonds.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock