ONLINE fashion retailer As Seen On Screen ( Asos ) is poised to post "another exceptional quarter" of sales on Tuesday, thanks to rising demand in Germany.Shares in the Aim-quoted stock have surged by more than 160 per cent over the past year and it is expected to have received a boost by featuring in German television series Fashion Hero, which stars model Claudia Schiffer .In the UK , Asos is forecast to have benefited from the launch of an Android mobile phone application and the addition of New Look and River Island to its range of brands.But Societe Generale analyst Anne Critchlow pointed out that Asos was being held back in the US because it has been unable to offer American-branded goods at competitive prices.Brands such as Nike are currently missing from Asos's range in the US.Critchlow said: "Now that Asos has established a full warehouse in the US, it can begin to negotiate - brand by brand - to buy US-branded apparel locally. It should then be able to offer these brands on its US site at a US-appropriate price."This is a lengthy and complex project, but it could be achieved by mid-2014."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict