Acer has unveiled the latest smartphone in its Liquid Z series, the Liquid Z5, a compact 5-inch budget handset designed for first-time smartphone adopters.
The Liquid Z5's screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, geared towards multimedia viewing and has an 8.8mm profile with rounded edges and weighs 147 grammes. The front speaker carries DTS Sound technology.
The handset is powered by a dual-core 1.3GHz processor, carries 4GB of internal user storage, Wi-Fi, integrated GPS and a 5-megapixel camera, and runs Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).
The camera supports BSI technology, which is aimed at enabling more light on the sensor than traditional FSI, thus endeavouring to deliver better low-light sensitivity.
The AcerRAPID button acts as a personal control key designed to bring "one-hand" control to the user allowing unlock, screen wake-up, camera launch, image capture, app launch and call answering.
The Liquid Z5 features four different Quick Mode profiles targeted at different users and age groups. Basic Mode is for youngsters and provides call and text functions, while Senior Mode allows messages, radio, weather, magnify, clock and quick-call contacts. Classic mode gives access to all main functions in a "simple and organised layout for first time smartphone users", according to Acer. Keypad mode is for users who primarily use voice and need immediate access to the keypad.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers