TravelCenters of America announced the death of its Director, Patrick F. Donelan . Donelan died on December 31 , at his home in Surrey, England . Donelan served as an Independent Director of TA and as Chair of the TA Nominating and Governance Committee of the TA Board, since TA became a publicly owned company in January 2007 . Donelan was a banker who had previously served as Chairman of Kleinwort Benson ( North America ), Inc., the U.S. based subsidiary of Kleinwort Benson, a United Kingdom based bank. After Kleinwort Benson was acquired by Germany's Dresdner Bank in 1995, Donelan remained with Dresdner Bank as Managing Director at Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, a United Kingdom based bank subsidiary of Dresdner Bank , until he retired from banking in 2001. Thereafter, Donelan served as an executive or a board member of public and private businesses based in both the United States and England . TravelCenters of America operates and franchises a network of travel centers along the U.S. Interstate Highway system under the brand names " TravelCenters of America ," "TA", "Petro Stopping Centers" and "Petro". ((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ))
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?