Named one of the "Top Ten Breakthrough Technologies" by MIT Technology Review, additive manufacturing - frequently referred to as 3D printing - is the process of joining materials to make objects from 3D model data, usually layer upon layer, as opposed to subtractive manufacturing methodologies. Aerospace and defense manufacturers are introducing the technology to lower production costs, reduce waste, speed product development and produce new designs.
Afternoon Sessions: Strategic information--How to map out a plan to incorporate the technology, when to get in, and choosing technologies and services.
The resource center is part of the
Register for the AeroDef Manufacturing at aerodefevent.com. Join our Twitter group @AeroDefMfg and our
About AeroDef Manufacturing
AeroDef Manufacturing is the leading technical conference and exposition for the aerospace and defense manufacturing industry. Produced by SME in partnership with leading industry OEMs, its mission is to foster innovation across the extended enterprise to reduce costs, expedite production times and maintain U.S. competitiveness in the global economy.
SME connects all those who are passionate about making things that improve our world. As a nonprofit organization, SME has served practitioners, companies, educators, government and communities across the manufacturing spectrum for more than 80 years. Through its strategic areas of events, media, membership, training and development, and the
TNS 24HariCha-140110-30FurigayJane-4597249 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction