Notice Type: Special Notice
Subject: Wide Field of
Classification Code: A - Research & Development
Solicitation Number: 14-021
Place of Performance (address):
Place of Performance (zipcode): 90245
Place of Performance Country: US
Air Force Space Command
SMC - Space and Missile Systems Center
Wide Field of
NAICS Code: 541380 - Testing Laboratories (except medical, veterinary)
Notice #: 14-021
Procurement Type: Special Notice - Notice of Intent to Sole Source
THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR COMPETITIVE PROPOSALS.
This contract modification will provide SMC support in the following specific areas: 1. Increasing the Technology Readiness Level of full-earth Wide-Field-of-View (WFOV) Infrared (IR) systems, related components, and supporting architecture through test and evaluation, software development, and data processing 2. Second, to consolidate this expertise in one location and contract vehicle. Current work at SDL is contracted in pieces through several separate contracts held by various organizations. 3. Software development and data processing efforts including data compression/decompression, data visualization, data exploitation, data fusion, data processing, handling, and analysis. Current efforts in this area include, generating, implementing, testing, and performance assessment of potential new signal processing algorithms. 4. Modeling and simulation related to optics, structures, thermal characteristics, controls systems, pointing, contamination, orbit propagation, image processing, and scene generation.
Over the past five years providing UARC support to SMC on the Third Generation Infrared Surveillance (3GIRS) and follow-on programs, SDL has consistently demonstrated its ability to meet Government requirements across a broad spectrum of technical disciplines. Any interested Party must demonstrate its capabilities in the following areas of expertise:
1. The ability to design and develop; fabricate, assemble, handle, and integrate; and analyze, test, and evaluate sensor systems and components. This includes the ability to design, manufacture, test, and model cryogenic systems and thermal design; 2. Electronics assembly, including: cable and harness assembly, box and electronics assembly, integration, and inspection. 3. Vibration isolation and jitter control methods; 4. Sensor calibration, characterization, testing, and evaluation. Must have capability to do both environmental testing and sensor calibration, including facilities capable of accomplishing environmental testing such as thermal-vac, vibration, and EMI/
To accomplish future program objectives and meet near-term program milestones, Interested parties must be intimately familiar with WFOV IR staring sensors, have prior experience in the calibration of staring WFOV OPIR sensors with large format focal plane arrays, and also familiar with the current industry efforts in infrared sensing and hosted payload portfolios. Interested parties must be capable of supporting full environmental testing in and sensor calibration in Q1/Q2 of fiscal year 2016. Interested parties must operate facilities at and employ personnel cleared with Secret, TS and TS/SCI.
The information contained herein is based on the best information available at the time of publication, is subject to revision, and is not binding on the Government. This notice is for informational purposes only and is not a request for competitive proposals or a solicitation of offers.
Interested parties, including small and small disadvantaged businesses, may identify their interest and statement of technical capabilities, and submit information. Information shall not exceed 10 one-sided pages in length, must be in MS Word 2002 or higher or PDF format, and font no smaller than 12 point. A minimum DoD security clearance of Secret is mandatory. Interested parties must show capability to fulfill the Government's immediate need for the effort described above. The capabilities statement should address why the company believes that the sole source justification is not valid. This notice expires 17 January.
The NAICS code for this effort is 541380 and the small business size standard is
The Government will not reimburse interested parties for any costs associated with submission of information or reimburse expenses incurred. Matters pertaining to this notification may be directed to Ms.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder