Slew of New Products Unveiled at Consumer Electronics Show
For a glimpse into the future, look no further than the International Consumer Electronics Show in
You can find just about anything at CES.
Automobile enthusiasts are in luck this year.
Induct showed off its self-piloted shuttle, called the Navia. The company's
"It's a shuttle, so it's for public transport for eight to 10 passengers. It works with lasers which work kind of like a bat," he said. "It sends out beams that bounce off the walls and other things in the environment. That way the vehicle can create the map of the environment."
Ford made headlines with its solar car - the C-MAX Solar Energi. Solar cells are mounted on the car's roof, but the trick, says
"It boosts the power of the solar panels by essentially magnifying the sun. So it takes a larger square footprint area of the sun and concentrates down onto the solar panels," he said. "The purpose of this is to enable the customer to recharge their vehicle off the grid."
The Ford C-MAX Solar Energi is still just a concept. If you're looking for something more tangible, 3D printers are capable of producing more complex, high-quality designs, and the cost of a 3D printer is falling. Some cost less than
"Today we're debuting two food-safe 3D printers and they're the first food-safe 3D printers," said
"So you might say, 'I want to work on a cake topper or I want to work on a drink sweetener' and the software will start you out with an object that's kind of the appropriate size and shape, and you can add complexity from there," she said.
The sugary 3D printers are expected to cost between
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'