GREGORY Campbell, the Democrat Unionist MP, has asked Chancellor George Osborne to investigate claims that the Co-operative Bank provided low interest loans and overdraft facilities to Celtic FC. The backbencher, who represents East Londonderry , made his request in a parliamentary question following reports that the Co- op Bank gave more than pound(s)33 million in cheap loans and overdrafts to the club. In response, Sajid Javid , the Treasury Minister, made clear individual commercial loans were a matter for agreement between those parties concerned but added: "The Government has announced its intention to order an investigation into events at the Co-operative Bank and the circumstances surrounding them." Mr Campbell , who is a Rangers fan, said he had made his call to try to "bring clarity" to the situation.
Most Popular Stories
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget
- Shipwright Jobs Offered in N.C.