The entire population of
He made the remarks at a meeting of the cabinet of ministers, held under the chairmanship of Azerbaijani President,
The meeting was dedicated to the results of socio-economic development in 2013 and the goals ahead for 2014.
Abbasov said the priority plans of the
The minister also said the important components will include the enhancement of export capacity via production of innovative goods and services, based on high technology and cyber-security, and increasing the number of electronic services, rendered for the population.
The growth rates of
The minister went on to add that last year, some 40-45 percent growth of digital content was recorded in the AzNET network. Growth in electronic trade in the last period stood at 50 percent. The number of e-services users in education and health care areas also significantly increased.
The population covered with digital television signals was 98-percent by late 2013 and now
Significant growth was recorded in e-services, integrated into the e-government portal (e-gov.az). Currently, 281 e-services out of 428 approved by Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers are available on this portal. Over the last year the number of visits to the portal stood at 262,000 and the number of services used by citizens over this period exceeded 730,000.
The minister said that the last year was remarkable for the launch of the Azerspace-1 telecommunication satellite. Since its commercial launch in
Work has been concluded for preparation of the project documentation on launching a low-orbit satellite. The tender on launching the satellite will be announced shortly. The low-orbit satellite is scheduled to be launched in 2016 and the ministry's plans for 2017 include launching
Translated by E.A.
Edited by C.N.
??????????????? ? ??? ? Twitter @www_Trend_Az
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?