Singer Miley Cyrus, one of the celebs with the biggest media impact of the past year, will be the new image of America's Marc Jacobs fashion firm for its spring/summer ad campaign this year.
Designer Marc Jacobs announced on his Twitter account that the singer will be the face of the campaign to be photographed by Britain's David Sims, even though since 1998 the company has always counted on Juerguen Teller as its photographer.
Marc Jacobs also published, along with news about the new campaign, a photo of Cyrus wearing the designer's clothes on a dark, gloomy beach with a somber, sulky expression, sitting on a dune with the sea in the background.
And so, wearing a navy blue jacket with black brocade and a pair of patterned burgundy-colored pants both wide and short, the singer of "Wrecking Ball" and one-time Disney child star launches the designer's ad campaign.
For her part, the former star of "Hannah Montana" posted another photo on her Twitter account wearing big red glasses.
Miley Cyrus, who last year scandalized the world with her erotic twerking at the MTV Video Music Awards, previously collaborated with Marc Jacobs in the "Protect the Skin You're In" campaign, in which she posed for the cameras clad only in one of the designer's T-shirts, for the New York University Skin Cancer Institute.
Other well-known names like Dakota Fanning, Victoria Beckham, Sofia Coppola and MIA have been the image of other campaigns for the designer.
(c) 2014 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Original headline: Miley Cyrus to be the new image of Marc Jacobs fashion firm
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter