National Association of Microfinance Banks (NAMB) has urged the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) not to extend the commencement date of the micro insurance operations by microfinance banks. Mr Jethro Akum , National President of the association, made the appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), on Sunday in Lagos . Akum said that the appeal became necessary due to reports that the take-date might be extended. He said that micro insurance would help customers of microfinance bank, especially smallholder farmers who would want to insure their crops against unforeseen circumstances. He explained that the scheme would also boost insurance penetration in the country. According to him, operators in the finance sub-sector were set to tap into the opportunities offered by the scheme. Akum, therefore, urged the commission not entertain any fear about the success of the scheme.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'