ENP Newswire -
Release date- 08012014 - Despite a slight slackening in its rate of expansion, Android is set to pass one billion device sales this year, putting it well ahead of Apple's mobile devices and the Windows phone; in fact, the
Dual boot machines generally used to mean Linux-based systems with Windows partitions that did not know the other operating system was there. The new
In this new age of compatibility and cooperation, the big beneficiaries are likely to be the consumers, who will effectively get more for their money, and the marketers, who will find it easier to develop cross-system apps and related campaigns. The potential loser is Apple; although it trails behind Android in terms of device sales, Apple is well ahead on profits from these sales. This is because the two use different sales models, with Apple depending on revenue from the devices themselves while
Adding to the appeal of Android devices are two new developments. Firstly, the LG flexible phone is about to become available in America for the first time, which is bound to generate excitement; secondly, Samsung has completely revamped its tablet interface in a way likely to considerably increase its appeal. The rise of Android should certainly give marketers something to think about at a point where the public is increasingly moving away from accessing the internet through traditional computers. Marketing strategies will have to move with it.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign