NEW YORK (AP) — Abercrombie & Fitch's stock is surging in premarket trading on Friday as the company boosted its full-year adjusted earnings forecast. On Thursday Abercrombie & Fitch Co. lifted its adjusted earnings outlook to a range of $1.55 to $1.65 per share. It previously predicted $1.40 to $1.50 per share. The outlook does not include charges related to the company's restructuring plans and other items. Analysts polled by FactSet expect earnings of $1.48 per share. Adrienne Tennant of Janney Capital Markets upgraded the retailer's rating to "Buy" from "Neutral" and raised its price target to $49 from $34 . In a client note, the analyst said that the upgrade was due to several factors, including the company's cost-cutting efforts, improving domestic and international sales and its desirable brands. Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch rose $5.58 , or 16.8 percent, to $38.79 in premarket trading about two hours before the market open.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'