The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles says it will honor actor/writer/producer Sacha Baron Cohen at its Britannia Awards this fall.
Cohen is to receive The Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy.
"The comedic brilliance of Sacha Baron Cohen has secured his place among the acclaimed British actors who have commanded the screen over the years, making him a fantastic addition to the stellar honorees of this year's Britannia Awards," Britannia Award Co-Chairs Rebecca Segal and Deborah Kolar said in a joint statement Monday.
The prize presentation is to take place Nov. 9 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. The ceremony is to air as a 2-hour special on BBC America Nov. 10.
Cohen's film credits include "The Dictator," "Borat," "Bruno," "Hugo" and "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval