The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles says it will honor actor/writer/producer Sacha Baron Cohen at its Britannia Awards this fall.
Cohen is to receive The Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy.
"The comedic brilliance of Sacha Baron Cohen has secured his place among the acclaimed British actors who have commanded the screen over the years, making him a fantastic addition to the stellar honorees of this year's Britannia Awards," Britannia Award Co-Chairs Rebecca Segal and Deborah Kolar said in a joint statement Monday.
The prize presentation is to take place Nov. 9 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. The ceremony is to air as a 2-hour special on BBC America Nov. 10.
Cohen's film credits include "The Dictator," "Borat," "Bruno," "Hugo" and "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia