Russian wants Syria to hand over its chemical weapons and have
"We call on the Syrian leadership to bring its chemical weapons under international control and to have them subsequently destroyed," Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
He said that he suggested to his visiting Syrian counterpart, Walid al-Moallem, that Damascus should join the Chemical Weapons Convention. "We expect a quick and, I hope, positive answer," Lavrov said.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?