Russian wants Syria to hand over its chemical weapons and have
"We call on the Syrian leadership to bring its chemical weapons under international control and to have them subsequently destroyed," Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
He said that he suggested to his visiting Syrian counterpart, Walid al-Moallem, that Damascus should join the Chemical Weapons Convention. "We expect a quick and, I hope, positive answer," Lavrov said.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap
- Ford Flies High on Speed