US opinion remains strongly against military strikes on
Syria, according to a poll released Monday.
The CNN poll found 59 per cent of those surveyed oppose military action, while 39 per cent are in favour of it.
If Congress were to ultimately vote against strikes, then the numbers are even more stark: 71 per cent of Americans said they would then oppose a strike, and only 27 per cent would approve.
The poll was conducted from Friday to Sunday, and included 1,022 respondents.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z