US opinion remains strongly against military strikes on
Syria, according to a poll released Monday.
The CNN poll found 59 per cent of those surveyed oppose military action, while 39 per cent are in favour of it.
If Congress were to ultimately vote against strikes, then the numbers are even more stark: 71 per cent of Americans said they would then oppose a strike, and only 27 per cent would approve.
The poll was conducted from Friday to Sunday, and included 1,022 respondents.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities