US opinion remains strongly against military strikes on
Syria, according to a poll released Monday.
The CNN poll found 59 per cent of those surveyed oppose military action, while 39 per cent are in favour of it.
If Congress were to ultimately vote against strikes, then the numbers are even more stark: 71 per cent of Americans said they would then oppose a strike, and only 27 per cent would approve.
The poll was conducted from Friday to Sunday, and included 1,022 respondents.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison