US opinion remains strongly against military strikes on
Syria, according to a poll released Monday.
The CNN poll found 59 per cent of those surveyed oppose military action, while 39 per cent are in favour of it.
If Congress were to ultimately vote against strikes, then the numbers are even more stark: 71 per cent of Americans said they would then oppose a strike, and only 27 per cent would approve.
The poll was conducted from Friday to Sunday, and included 1,022 respondents.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields