US opinion remains strongly against military strikes on
Syria, according to a poll released Monday.
The CNN poll found 59 per cent of those surveyed oppose military action, while 39 per cent are in favour of it.
If Congress were to ultimately vote against strikes, then the numbers are even more stark: 71 per cent of Americans said they would then oppose a strike, and only 27 per cent would approve.
The poll was conducted from Friday to Sunday, and included 1,022 respondents.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton