Miley Cyrus may have lost a big gig -- and fan -- following her raunch-fest of a Video Music Awards performance last month.
The twerk-loving pop star has been dumped from the December cover of Vogue after editor Anna Wintour decreed Cyrus' VMA antics "distasteful," according to the U.K.'s Daily Mail.
According to the Daily Mail, Cyrus was photographed for Vogue's December issue because Wintour "had been eager to champion her as a new fashion icon," but the editor changed her mind after she saw the 20-year-old suggestively shake, grind and twerk all over the MTV VMAs' stage, which Cyrus shared with "Blurred Lines" singer Robin Thicke.
"Anna found the whole thing distasteful," a source told the Daily Mail. "She decided, based on Miley's performance, to take the cover in a different direction."
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4