Miley Cyrus may have lost a big gig -- and fan -- following her raunch-fest of a Video Music Awards performance last month.
The twerk-loving pop star has been dumped from the December cover of Vogue after editor Anna Wintour decreed Cyrus' VMA antics "distasteful," according to the U.K.'s Daily Mail.
According to the Daily Mail, Cyrus was photographed for Vogue's December issue because Wintour "had been eager to champion her as a new fashion icon," but the editor changed her mind after she saw the 20-year-old suggestively shake, grind and twerk all over the MTV VMAs' stage, which Cyrus shared with "Blurred Lines" singer Robin Thicke.
"Anna found the whole thing distasteful," a source told the Daily Mail. "She decided, based on Miley's performance, to take the cover in a different direction."
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend