A Social Media Cafe will be one of the featured special events at the Tech Career Expo slated for Thursday at the University at Albany's SEFCU Arena, on the uptown campus at 1400 Washington Ave. in Albany.
The cafe will run from 4:30 to 7 p.m., hosted by Michael Huber, the Times Union interactive audience manager. Those who stop by will be able to have a quick consultation with Times Union bloggers who have experience that can help with a job search. Attendees will include life coach and entrepreneur Lisbeth Calandrino, career counselor Thomas Denham, technology blogger Eric Millington, Times Union blogger Chuck Miller, recruiting professional and social media expert Stephanie Snyder and Times Union social media strategist Kristi Barlette.
The Tech Career Expo -- with representatives from dozens of area technology, health care and advanced manufacturing companies, colleges and recruiting firms -- runs from 2 to 7 p.m. that day. The event is geared toward job seekers involved in all aspects of the technology industry, from engineering, programming and design, to marketing, sales and management.
Win an iPad
Pre-register for the Tech Career Expo at timesunion.com/techcareerexpo. Those who pre-register and attend the Expo will be entered in a drawing for a new iPad. (Pre-registration is recommended but not required.)
Admission to all Expo events is free and open to the public.
The Tech Career Expo is sponsored by the Times Union, the Center for Economic Growth, SABIC and Monster.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March