Former Los Angeles Lakers star Lamar Odom's crack cocaine habit is so bad, a
source told TMZ, his drug dealer has cut him off.
The celebrity website reported its source said Odom's longtime supplier had grown worried he might wind up on police radar if the NBA star should overdose.
Odom's wife, television personality Khloe Kardashian, did not know exactly where he was this week, the report said.
A source close to Kardashian and Odom told the New York Daily News Kardashian did not believe Odom was drying out in rehab.
"She is just exhausted," the insider said. "She doesn't think he went to rehab ... I don't think anyone knows where he is at this point."
It has been a long summer for Odom, 33, who is a free agent this year, and had been considered a possible candidate for the Lakers. He was arrested for drunken driving last month and has apparently been holed up in hotel rooms while friends try to talk him into getting help.
TMZ said Odom last week was calling his supplier constantly and ordering larger amounts of crack.
The drugs might not have been exclusively for Odom. The New York Daily News said reports from various media sources indicate he was spending around $800 a day and partying hard with people he barely knew.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- Ukraine Crisis Sets U.S. Stocks Adrift
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps