Former Los Angeles Lakers star Lamar Odom's crack cocaine habit is so bad, a
source told TMZ, his drug dealer has cut him off.
The celebrity website reported its source said Odom's longtime supplier had grown worried he might wind up on police radar if the NBA star should overdose.
Odom's wife, television personality Khloe Kardashian, did not know exactly where he was this week, the report said.
A source close to Kardashian and Odom told the New York Daily News Kardashian did not believe Odom was drying out in rehab.
"She is just exhausted," the insider said. "She doesn't think he went to rehab ... I don't think anyone knows where he is at this point."
It has been a long summer for Odom, 33, who is a free agent this year, and had been considered a possible candidate for the Lakers. He was arrested for drunken driving last month and has apparently been holed up in hotel rooms while friends try to talk him into getting help.
TMZ said Odom last week was calling his supplier constantly and ordering larger amounts of crack.
The drugs might not have been exclusively for Odom. The New York Daily News said reports from various media sources indicate he was spending around $800 a day and partying hard with people he barely knew.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause