THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC ; SUMMER SUNDAE WEEKENDER: WE TAKE A LOOK BACK AT THE ROCK, POP, FOLKAND ALTERNATIVE LEGENDS WHO POPPED IN AND SOULED OUT AT CITY'S FESTIVAL
After hearing that Summer Sundae will not be returning to Leicester, the Mercury has looked back at some of the festival's best bits.
Held at De Montfort Hall, what started out as a smallscale event in 2001, gradually became a three-day weekender.
The popular music festival consistently had a star-studded line- up, made up of worldwide acts and county bands.
Over the past 12 years, Leicester has seen the likes of Sophie Ellis Bextor, Joan Baez, Kate Nash and The Proclaimers take to the stage.
In 2004, Amy Winehouse and Kasabian stole the show, with Elbow headlining the festival in 2006.
Macy Gray, The Streets and The Zutons have also made an appearance, along with Mumford and Sons and Tinchy Stryder. McFly and Example stole the show in 2011, b1efore Katy B and Adam Ant appeared at the final of the festivals last year.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays