* The Batavia Fine Arts Centre, 1201 Main St., presents "Back on Broadway" at 7:30 p.m. today. In this new production, a multitalented cast of 10 star-struck performers arrive in the Big Apple looking for a big break on Broadway by performing the most popular scenes and songs from the latest Broadway hits. Online tickets are $25.50 to $37.50. Tickets via phone or box office are $2 extra. For tickets, visit bataviafineartscentre.org or call (630) 937-8930.
* The third annual United Fall Fest & Bags Tournament will be from 3 to 10 p.m. today at Congregational United Church of Christ, 40W451 Fox Mill Blvd., St. Charles. It is organized by the church in partnership with the Fox Mill Community and the village of Campton Hills. Admission is free. A fun and family-friendly festival of live music, food, a beer tent, a bags tournament, a classic car show and a Kids Corner full of entertainment, games and contests. Billy Croft & The 5-Alarm perform from 7 to 10 p.m. The classic rock cover band Disbard performs from 3 to 5:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.unitedfallfest.com.
* September is Hunger Action Month! Join in the "Great Pumpkin Pack" at the Festival of the Vine. Stop by to help Northern Illinois Food Bank's on-site packing activity of canned pumpkin near Fourth and James streets from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday. All ages are welcome. For details, call Tiffany King, (630) 443-6910.
* Lazarus House will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its Center for Transitional Living at an open house from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 214 Walnut St., St. Charles. There will be a rededication of the CTL at 11:30 a.m., followed by a short program. The community is invited to visit with staff and board members to learn more about the CTL and other Lazarus House programs and to tour the CTL, Emergency Shelter, Women and Children's Day Center and Community Resource Center. For details, call (630) 587-2144 or visit www.lazarushouseonline.com.
* The Aurora Public Library presents the fourth annual "Catch a Bunch of Authors Fair" from 1 to 3 p.m. today at Prisco Community Center, 150 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora. Meet Chicago-area authors from all genres and enjoy a romance literature panel discussion featuring author Beverly Jenkins. No registration is required for this free event. Call (630) 264-4101 or visit aurorapubliclibrary.org.
* Goldfish Swim School, 3455 Legacy Blvd. in St. Charles, will hold its grand opening at 2:30 p.m. Saturday. Enjoy food, a free family swim, and more. Highlights include giveaways, games and a photo booth. Visit www.goldfishswimschool.com.
* Anderson Animal Shelter's seventh annual Jewelry Faire, with a $5 admission, continues from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. today and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the American Legion Hall, 22 S. Second St. in Geneva. Visit aasjewelryfaire.com.
* Albright Theatre, 100 N. Island Ave. in Batavia, presents "Harvey" at 8 p.m. today and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $15, $12 for students and seniors. Visit www.albrighttheatre.com or call (630) 406-8838.
* The Batavia Farmers Market will be 8 a.m. to noon at North River Street.
* The Sugar Grove Farmers Market will be from 8 a.m. to noon at the village hall, 10 Municipal Drive.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap