Disney Infinity Starter Pack for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo
Wii, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, $74.99
Disney's new ambitious video game series is designed to mimic the way children play and imagine. This is a mashup of Disney movies where players create their own adventure. Similar to Skylanders, the game uses collectible figurines from Disney and Pixar, which are placed on an orb and synthesized by the game.
--THE GOOD: Toy box mode allows players to create their own adventures using tools and backdrops from the hottest Disney and Pixar films. A player's imagination can run wild building an amusement park, race track or piece of virtual art.
--THE BAD: Unlocking some of the cooler tools to build in "toy box mode" requires hunting for them in regular player mode in a pre-designed world. And the figurines? Three come with the starter pack and the rest are $12.99 each, an egregious cash-grab.
--THE VERDICT: Disney Infinity should be on holiday shopping lists if you want a safe game for children and teens who like Pixar movies. Disney says more worlds and characters are on the way, so this game will only get better.
(c)2013 the Boston Herald
Visit the Boston Herald at www.bostonherald.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos