The unemployment rate in the United States dropped 0.1 percentage points to 7.3 per cent in August, according to the government's monthly survey of households released on Friday.
The rate was 8.1 per cent a year earlier. The economy added 169,000 jobs in August, most of them in the retail trade and health care branches.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time