The unemployment rate in the United States dropped 0.1 percentage points to 7.3 per cent in August, according to the government's monthly survey of households released on Friday.
The rate was 8.1 per cent a year earlier. The economy added 169,000 jobs in August, most of them in the retail trade and health care branches.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor