The unemployment rate in the United States dropped 0.1 percentage points to 7.3 per cent in August, according to the government's monthly survey of households released on Friday.
The rate was 8.1 per cent a year earlier. The economy added 169,000 jobs in August, most of them in the retail trade and health care branches.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English