The unemployment rate in the United States dropped 0.1 percentage points to 7.3 per cent in August, according to the government's monthly survey of households released on Friday.
The rate was 8.1 per cent a year earlier. The economy added 169,000 jobs in August, most of them in the retail trade and health care branches.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions