U.S. Rep. Loretta Sanchez, who represents California's 46th congressional district, is hosting two town hall meetings to help guide people with the upcoming healthcare changes.
One of the meetings, designated for small-business owners, will present an overview of requirements for small businesses, information on the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) and important dates to remember.
The State of California is opening its own health-care marketplace, Covered California, Oct. 1. The plan allows those who do not have health insurance to pick up coverage at affordable rates.
"I want to make sure you and your family have all the information you will need to utilize the new marketplace," Ms. Sanchez said in a statement.
Workshop for small-business owners
Topics will include an overview of requirements for small businesses, information on the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) and important dates to remember for employees.
Friday, Sept. 13, 2:30–4:30 p.m.
Rancho Santiago Community College District Boardroom: 2323 N. Broadway St., Santa Ana, CA 92706
Seating is limited. RSVP to (714) 621-0304 or email@example.com
Meetings for public are free and will cover:
• Preventive Care Coverage
• Pre-existing Conditions Coverage
• Easier Comparisons Between Plans
• Financial Assistance For Those Who Qualify
Dates: Saturday, Sept. 14, 1:30-3 p.m.
Nhan Hoa Clinic: 7761 Garden Grove Blvd., Garden Grove, CA 92841
Saturday, Sept. 28, 1:30-3 p.m.
El Modena Library - Community Room: 380 South Hewes St., Orange, CA 92869
RSVP to (714) 621-0301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?