Sept. 06--The Department of Nuclear Energy at Texas A&M will be screening Pandora's Promise, a documentary on nuclear power, on Friday.
The screening is open to the public and takes place in Rudder Theatre at 2:30 p.m., with doors opening at 2:15 p.m.
Ray Rothrock, a 1977 graduate of the Department of Nuclear Engineering, is one of the executive producers of the film and played a large part in arranging the film's screening at Texas A&M, one of a few college campuses selected to show the film, which was an audience favorite in the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
Following the screening, there will be a question-and-answer session with the film's Oscar-nominated director, Robert Stone, and cast member Michael Shellenberger.
For more on the film, visit pandoraspromise.com
(c)2013 The Eagle (Bryan, Texas)
Visit The Eagle (Bryan, Texas) at www.theeagle.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes