Sept. 06--The Department of Nuclear Energy at Texas A&M will be screening Pandora's Promise, a documentary on nuclear power, on Friday.
The screening is open to the public and takes place in Rudder Theatre at 2:30 p.m., with doors opening at 2:15 p.m.
Ray Rothrock, a 1977 graduate of the Department of Nuclear Engineering, is one of the executive producers of the film and played a large part in arranging the film's screening at Texas A&M, one of a few college campuses selected to show the film, which was an audience favorite in the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
Following the screening, there will be a question-and-answer session with the film's Oscar-nominated director, Robert Stone, and cast member Michael Shellenberger.
For more on the film, visit pandoraspromise.com
(c)2013 The Eagle (Bryan, Texas)
Visit The Eagle (Bryan, Texas) at www.theeagle.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief