FILM fans will be treated to blockbuster screenings in the beautiful setting of Wollaton Park this weekend.
Tonight, the stately home will play host to musical Les Miserables and tomorrow night The Dark Knight Rises will be shown on the big screen. Set in 19th-century France, Les Miserables tells the story of Jean Valjean (Hugh Jackman), who for decades has been hunted by the ruthless policeman Javert (Russell Crowe). The film received three Golden Globes, eight Oscar and nine Bafta nominations. Tomorrow, the Elizabethan mansion offers the perfect location for The Dark Knight Rises, as is it was partly filmed at dramatic Wollaton Hall. Directed by Christopher Nolan, it sees Christian Bale in his final appearance as Bruce Wayne/ Batman, Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as the brutal Bane.
The Summer Nights Film Festival 2013 brings classic and contemporary films together with fabulous locations, all presented on a giant screen by Derby's QUAD centre for art and film.
Tomorrow's screening of The Dark Knight Rises is sold out but for tickets for tonight's showing of Les Miserables go to www.visitderby.co.uk or call 01332 290606. Tickets are priced from Pounds 10.50.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Daylight Savings Time Comes This Weekend
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Lindsay Lohan, Jimmy Fallon Get Soaked on 'The Tonight Show': Watch
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- BofA CEO Gets a 77 Percent Pay Bump