ACTRESS Evanna Lynch is best known for playing Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter film series. However, the Irish actress is about to make her transition from screen to stage as she debuts in a brand new production at Stoke Repertory Theatre. Houdini opens on Monday night, at the Leek Road theatre, and is set to explore the career of master illusionist and magician Harry Houdini. The Theatre Giants' production is set throughout, and beyond, the astonishing career of this iconic performer. Leaving Hogwarts behind her, Evanna takes on the role of Bess Houdini, Harry's wife and stage assistant.
I have so much admiration for this woman. I have always been fascinated by the muse in the lives of artists, says Evanna. I'I've never done any stage work before, but I'm very excited at the prospect. II've always admired theatre, where as an actor you're unshielded by clever editing or the luxury of doing multiple takes. The production premieres at Stoke Rep before embarking on a UK tour. Evanna is joined on stage by Jamie Nichols as Harr Houdini and Stuart Brennan as Theo, Harry Houdini's brother. BAFTA awardwinning actor Stuart is also the show's writer.
I really love the play, adds Evanna.
It's doing something unique in combining a dramatic, truthful, human story with a very ambitious and entertaining spectacle. It's going to be something truly memorable. Houdini opens on Monday at Stoke Rep and continues until Saturday, September 14. For tickets, call the box office on 020 3086 8819.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom