ACTRESS Evanna Lynch is best known for playing Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter film series. However, the Irish actress is about to make her transition from screen to stage as she debuts in a brand new production at Stoke Repertory Theatre. Houdini opens on Monday night, at the Leek Road theatre, and is set to explore the career of master illusionist and magician Harry Houdini. The Theatre Giants' production is set throughout, and beyond, the astonishing career of this iconic performer. Leaving Hogwarts behind her, Evanna takes on the role of Bess Houdini, Harry's wife and stage assistant.
I have so much admiration for this woman. I have always been fascinated by the muse in the lives of artists, says Evanna. I'I've never done any stage work before, but I'm very excited at the prospect. II've always admired theatre, where as an actor you're unshielded by clever editing or the luxury of doing multiple takes. The production premieres at Stoke Rep before embarking on a UK tour. Evanna is joined on stage by Jamie Nichols as Harr Houdini and Stuart Brennan as Theo, Harry Houdini's brother. BAFTA awardwinning actor Stuart is also the show's writer.
I really love the play, adds Evanna.
It's doing something unique in combining a dramatic, truthful, human story with a very ambitious and entertaining spectacle. It's going to be something truly memorable. Houdini opens on Monday at Stoke Rep and continues until Saturday, September 14. For tickets, call the box office on 020 3086 8819.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia