The Chamber of Commerce of the Tonawandas is seeking nominations for
its annual Citizen of the Year and Business of the Year awards.
The Citizen of the Year award began in 1956 with the nomination of Farney Wurlitzer. Each year since then, an outstanding citizen who has made a major contribution to the Tonawandas, has received the award.
That contribution can be economic, humanitarian or social, so long as it represents a substantial impact to the betterment of the Tonawandas community. The nominee does not have to be a current resident of the Tonawandas to be nominated.
The Business of the Year award is presented to a business located in the Tonawandas that has had a major positive impact on the community. The business can be large or small and demonstrate its favorable impact on the Tonawandas economy and community.
If you would like to submit a name for the Citizen of the Year or Business of the Year, contact Joyce Santiago, executive director, at the chamber office, 692-5120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations should be written and should clearly state why an individual or business should be considered.
Nominations are due Sept. 18. Honorees will be selected at the Sept. 19 board of directors meeting and the awards will be presented at the chamber's annual dinner Nov. 13.
(c)2013 Tonawanda News (North Tonawanda, N.Y.)
Visit Tonawanda News (North Tonawanda, N.Y.) at www.tonawanda-news.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy