Vin Diesel returns for the third chapter in the "Pitch Black" series, playing escaped con Riddick in a dystopian future. Riddick was left for dead in the last film, but, hey, it's Vin Diesel, right? In this film, he encourages bounty hunters to come get him on a dying planet.
Based on the novel by Doris Lessing, the story charts the unconventional friendship of women (Naomi Watts and Robin Wright). It is the first English-speaking film by director Anne Fontaine.
He's back with Katy Perry and a new, mellow-country album called "Wildfire." Will he wear a bear suit again on the Cruzan Amphitheatre stage, as he did before? You never know with this guy. Sunday at Cruzan.
The '70s jazz-rock provocateurs are back on a summer tour, and sure to provide all their hits with sharp musicianship. Sept. 12, Mizner Park.
Find more movie and music news in Friday's TGIF.
This week in the Scene
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.