Vin Diesel returns for the third chapter in the "Pitch Black" series, playing escaped con Riddick in a dystopian future. Riddick was left for dead in the last film, but, hey, it's Vin Diesel, right? In this film, he encourages bounty hunters to come get him on a dying planet.
Based on the novel by Doris Lessing, the story charts the unconventional friendship of women (Naomi Watts and Robin Wright). It is the first English-speaking film by director Anne Fontaine.
He's back with Katy Perry and a new, mellow-country album called "Wildfire." Will he wear a bear suit again on the Cruzan Amphitheatre stage, as he did before? You never know with this guy. Sunday at Cruzan.
The '70s jazz-rock provocateurs are back on a summer tour, and sure to provide all their hits with sharp musicianship. Sept. 12, Mizner Park.
Find more movie and music news in Friday's TGIF.
This week in the Scene
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges