Vin Diesel returns for the third chapter in the "Pitch Black" series, playing escaped con Riddick in a dystopian future. Riddick was left for dead in the last film, but, hey, it's Vin Diesel, right? In this film, he encourages bounty hunters to come get him on a dying planet.
Based on the novel by Doris Lessing, the story charts the unconventional friendship of women (Naomi Watts and Robin Wright). It is the first English-speaking film by director Anne Fontaine.
He's back with Katy Perry and a new, mellow-country album called "Wildfire." Will he wear a bear suit again on the Cruzan Amphitheatre stage, as he did before? You never know with this guy. Sunday at Cruzan.
The '70s jazz-rock provocateurs are back on a summer tour, and sure to provide all their hits with sharp musicianship. Sept. 12, Mizner Park.
Find more movie and music news in Friday's TGIF.
This week in the Scene
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go