U.S. professional basketball player Lamar Odom has checked himself into a drug
and alcohol rehabilitation center, People.com said Wednesday.
The news comes after he was arrested last week for allegedly driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. The athlete's substance abuse also reportedly has caused tremendous tension in his marriage to reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian.
"He realized he needs help," an insider told People.com about his decision to undergo treatment.
No details on where he is staying or how long he expects to be there were immediately reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- Manufacturing in U.S. at Fastest Pace in 3-1/2 Years