U.S. professional basketball player Lamar Odom has checked himself into a drug
and alcohol rehabilitation center, People.com said Wednesday.
The news comes after he was arrested last week for allegedly driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. The athlete's substance abuse also reportedly has caused tremendous tension in his marriage to reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian.
"He realized he needs help," an insider told People.com about his decision to undergo treatment.
No details on where he is staying or how long he expects to be there were immediately reported.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree