U.S. professional basketball player Lamar Odom has checked himself into a drug
and alcohol rehabilitation center, People.com said Wednesday.
The news comes after he was arrested last week for allegedly driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. The athlete's substance abuse also reportedly has caused tremendous tension in his marriage to reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian.
"He realized he needs help," an insider told People.com about his decision to undergo treatment.
No details on where he is staying or how long he expects to be there were immediately reported.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel