British actor Ian McKellen is to play retired detective Sherlock Holmes in Bill Condon's film "A Slight Trick of the Mind," The Hollywood Reporter said.
McKellen and Condon previously worked together on the drama "Gods and Monsters."
Based on the novel by Mitch Cullin, the screenplay for "Slight Trick" is being adapted by Jeffrey Hatcher. It tells the story of how the aging Sherlock tries to solve the decades-old mystery that has haunted him for years, The Hollywood Reporter said Thursday.
The film is to start shooting in April in the United Kingdom.
The project was announced this week at the Toronto International Film Festival.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'